Header- Phone Number

01752 510913

Header – Email Address


Does your property meet the Minimum Energy Efficiency Standards (MEES)? Get tailored support to find out

Posted on August 21st, 2023

The Centre for Sustainable Energy (CSE) has partnered with the Tenancy Deposit Scheme (TDS) Charitable Foundation to advise and support landlords of privately rented properties to understand and meet MEES obligations. MEES stipulates that privately rented homes must have a minimum EPC of E before they are let.

The main aim of MEES is to help reduce the number of renters who struggle with high energy bills and live in cold and unhealthy homes. Everyone wants to make rented homes more energy-efficient, which can save money and prevent issues like dampness and mould. Both landlords and tenants benefit from better energy efficiency.

When properties are well taken care of, they’re cheaper to run and have fewer problems. This also means that people who live in them are healthier, and it helps to reduce the likelihood of fuel poverty. When homes are properly insulated – residents stay warmer and healthier.

If you’re a private landlord renting out a domestic property on an assured tenancy, regulated tenancy or domestic agricultural tenancy, CSE can help you to:

  • Understand the MEES and how to comply
  • Check the EPC of your property
  • Receive tailored advice on how to make your property more energy efficient. This includes advice on energy-saving measures and reducing damp and mould
  • Assess whether you’re eligible for any funding for installing energy efficiency measures. And where appropriate, can make referrals to funded schemes on your behalf

For full information on the support CSE can offer you, visit www.cse.org.uk/support-for-landlords  or email luke.buckler@cse.org.uk

Article by The Centre for Sustainable Energy

Share Button

Search the Blog

Request a Call Back

If you are interested in joining us and would like to have a chat please enter your details below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.

Fill out my online form.

Blog Categories

Monthly Archives